Do you find yourself shopping to make yourself feel better? If you use retail therapy to lift your mood, it won’t be long before you accumulate clutter in your home (hidden or not).
It is a vicious cycle because your clutter will lead you to feel poorly again.
Instead of going shopping and buying things to boost your mood, try a different way to treat yourself and feel better at the same time.
Feel better without retail therapy by trying one or more of these ideas:
- Get some fresh air and spend some time in nature.
- Go for a walk.
- Curl up in a cozy spot and read a book.
- Get creative. Work on a craft, doodle, take pictures or write.
- Spend time doing a hobby.
- Visit a museum or zoo.
- Have a spa day. Take a bubble bath or do your nails.
- Watch a movie.
- Spend time with close family and friends.
- Have a game night with popcorn or other fun snacks.
- Give yourself a 5-minute, 10-minute, or even 15-minute break and just do nothing.
- Meditate, practice yoga, or exercise.
- Bake your favorite dessert.
- Buy a plant or some flowers to decorate your home.
- Reorganize the furniture in a room for a fresh look.
What did I miss? How do you help yourself feel better?