It may be time to simplify your lifestyle if you feel like your house is always a mess, you feel worn out and overcommitted, or if you feel like you constantly need upgrades for the things you own.
A more simplified lifestyle allows you to live in the present, find joy in the simple things, and have more time for the people and things that mean the most to you.
If living more simply sounds appealing to you, check out the suggestions below and apply them to your life.
- Be intentional when you shop. Spend less. Reduce the number of things that you bring into your home.
- Eliminate clutter. Duplicates. Things you don’t use. Broken items that have no plans to be fixed.
- Take control of your time. Only commit to events and people who align with what is important to you.
- Reduce your technology use.
- Spend more time outside.
- Simplify your morning routine.
- Make self-care a priority.
- Minimize time on social media.
- Embrace free time.
- Choose eco-friendly options.
- Do a little light cleaning each day.
- Practice yoga or meditate.
- Clean with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Keep a donation box and make decluttering a part of your lifestyle, not just a task to be completed periodically.
- Keep multifunctional items and avoid one-use gadgets.
- Shop local.
- Unsubscribe from store flyers and emails.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Be you!
Life is only as complicated as you make it. Simplify as much as you can and enjoy your life.