When my normal techniques for quieting my mind failed to work on the repetitive sad memories that kept replaying, I decided to try something new.
I stumbled upon Mandala Dot Painting by accident but I was intrigued as soon as I saw the beautiful, symmetrical art.
I would not say I am an artistic or creative person but working on Mandala dot paintings has been an enjoyable process with many rewards.
Benefits of Mandala Dot Painting
- Be Present – Working on a Dot Mandala requires focus and allows you to be completely present in the moment.
- Clear Mind – Counting dots and focusing on placement keeps your mind clear from all other thoughts.
- Relax – Most likely due to being present and a clear mind, creating Dot Mandalas is very relaxing and calming. I like to listen to a CD of nature sounds while I work to increase this feeling.
- Express Yourself – Many times in stressful situations we aren’t given the opportunity to express our feelings. Working on Dot Mandalas is a creative outlet to express yourself and release some emotions.
- Control – The lack of control in many situations is what causes stress and fills our minds with unwanted thoughts. Creating a Dot Mandala allows you to create something and gain a sense of control.
My creations aren’t perfect but I love them for the experience they provided. I look forward to experimenting with different techniques and improving my skills but mostly I look forward to the process of working on my Dot Mandalas and the amazing benefits.
Have you tried Mandala Dot Painting? Do you have a hobby that allows you to experience mindfulness?
4 thoughts on “5 Benefits of Mandala Dot Painting”
This seems like such a good idea!
It is very fun and relaxing! Despite not being artistic, I have been happy with how all of my paintings have turned out. I know I have a lot of room to grow but it is nice to not feel discouraged or inadequate (like I have felt before when attempting other types of art).
Those are really pretty. I tried colouring as a mindfulness and relaxation technique, but just found adult colouring books frustrating. Maybe I should go buy some kids’ books. They might be more relaxing.
I think trying out a kid coloring book is a great idea!