Normally, the month of December for me and my family is filled with parties, cookie making get-togethers, concerts, milk and cookie storytimes, and many more Christmas themed activities. It is always fun and exciting!
I think it goes without saying that this December has and will continue to be much different.
Although it would be very easy to be bummed out by the changes, I decided to stick with my motto I have been using during this whole time with Covid. Just go with the flow and find the positive.
I have embraced the concept of less is more in pretty much every other aspect of my life so it seemed like it was worth giving it a fair shot in celebrating the holidays. I could easily focus on all the things we are missing out on this year but I decided to make a list of the things we are gaining.
What my family has gained this holiday season:
- More time to listen to Christmas CDs.
- More time to play board games as a family and drink hot chocolate.
- More time to make homemade Christmas gifts.
- More time to relax and enjoy our Christmas tree and decorations.
- More gratitude. (Click here to read my post on starting my happiness highlights journal this month)
- More calm moments and less stressful ones.
- More time to enjoy a cup of vanilla chai and watch my kids play.
- More time to spend with my dog.
What are some things you have gained this holiday season?